Monday, March 1, 2010

Golfing in Style: Nike Gold Golf Shoes for a Bargain!


I may not be the best golf player but I am sure going to look "GOLDEN" with the new pair of NIKE golf shoes I scored this past weekend at the NJ Golf Show. They had one pair left in my size - 7M for $19.99. What a deal! The suggested retail value for the shoes were $155! They may be last seasons but who cares. I haven't worn them on the course yet, so the verdict is still out there regarding how great the shoe may be. But they are waterproof, leather, and GOLD!

There were a number of bargains at the NJ Golf Show. I was also able to get 3 - 1 dozen lady noodle+ golf balls for $25. That means it cost me about $8/per dozen golf balls. That is half of what I normally pay for them at Wal-Mart, Target, and wherever I can find my golf balls. If you are in the market for new clubs, outerwear, gloves and other golf accessories and don't care to have the latest and greatest, check out the Golf Show for great deals. Despite the image, golf can be an affordable sport. By playing public courses (and there are many out there) and twilight hours, you can easily get hooked on this game without making a huge dent in your bank account.

It looks like the Golf show is hosted in a number of cities on the North Coast. The NJ Golf Show was part of a tour called the North Coast Golf Shows. According to the website below, the tour is ending soon, with their next and last show during the weekend of March 12-14th in Pittsburgh, PA.

http://northcoastgolfshows.com/

If you are lucky to be in the Pittsburgh area when they are hosting the next Golf Show, check it out. There is a $10 entrance fee (which includes a year subscription to Golf Magazine).

Note: Before you go, just be prepared that it may be a bit chaotic, with stall after stall selling golf clubs, golf accessories, and golf vacations. Besides shopping, you can grab a free 10 minute lesson with a pro-golf instructor (I didn't get a chance to as the wait was 2 hours!) or hit a few balls to check out the latest golf clubs (again, there was a long wait - the line was about 20 people deep, so I stuck to the shopping).


No comments:

Post a Comment